Graphic design MA Master's
This is for you
you are sympathetic and creative, a good team worker and have a critical attitude. No matter you graduated in another field, you can change careers and choose our training
They say, “Be your own kind of masterpiece”, through Metu I have found my masterpiece. I have found the artist within me. I have found the better version of myself. I’m glad to be a part of Metu.
- Aswin from India
During our course, you can become a graphic design artist who is able to respond to actual situations and present creative and artistic solutions, and who is able to create and implement high quality work on every job platform.
What can you study with us?
- designing logo, pictogram, corporate identity, packaging, book, poster and web design
- brand design
- infographics and infodesign
Structure of the program
- The first semester focuses on typography, book design, illustration, infographics, packaging design.
- The second semester involves your specialization. You can develop your knowledge focused on the selected area.
- The third semester includes artistic graphic design, print-media graphic design, identity graphic design, media graphic design.
- In the fourth semester your teachers help you in the implementation of a complex visual message realized as the result of a research process.
- Graphic Design
- Graphic Art
Specializations are launched only if the sufficient number of students wish to join the specialization.
- Independent artist in graphic design, illustration or graphic art
- In graphic studios, creative agencies as Art Director or Graphic Designer
- Work in the online and print media as an illustrator, image editor, artistic head, DTP editor or web designer
Design studio practice, Creative graphic design exercises, Experimental design, Data visualization, Brand building, Product design, Complex design, Print media, Web design
Further information on detailed curriculum click HERE
“School assignments are colourful, there can be many “good” solutions. Everybody can show the side where they are really good at, in our work emphasis is on individual approach.”
graduate student MARCELL PUSKÁS
“The graphic artist is responsible for the message, its artistic and aesthetic quality, however, beyond this, they have to take social and ecologic factors into consideration. What effect does the message have? What materials to use when a packaging is designed? What effect will it have on the environment? We would like to introduce our students into the experimental workshop of (re)interpreted graphic design so that we can change the world together.”
GYULA JÚLIUS DLA
Our Success Stories
- OMDK 2017 Marcell Puskás: 2nd prize, Laura Sásdi: 1st prize, Dániel Szakos: 1st prize;
- POLISH SIGNS, Polish Masters workshop and, exhibition, METU;
- FONT/ IMAGE Gallery of Ervin Szabó Library;
- ENTER, Exhibition Palace Budapest;
- BRANDPACK, Galamb Street Gallery;
- POLISH FILM SPRING 2017, poster exhibition, Művész Cinema;
- 9TH INTERNATIONAL STUDENT POSTER BIENNALE Skopje, Réka Némedi Varga: main prize;
- METU ART DIPLOMA PRIZE Orsolya Kosztándi, Luca Kálmán;
- Laura Sásdi received a surcharge of Móra Ferenc Publishing at the Golden Vackor children book illustration competition in 2017;
- SEIGN WEEK 2017, STARTING POINT Exhibition, METU
- ARTHUNGRY 2020 Competition, Fanni Sípos I. Prize, Regina Vitányi II. Prize;
- Graduation projects Competition 2020, Enikő Horák II. prize.
- MARCELL PUSKÁS: numerous individual exhibitions; Red Dot Prize
- ZSÓFIA SZTRANYÁK: design of the Hungarian exhibitors, Book Art Festival Leipzig 2017;
- KRISZTINA GYETKÓ: Budapest ZOO celebrates 150th year anniversary – design of the billboards and invitation cards;
- KATALIN CSENGERI: graphic artist, IKEA