PREREQUISITES OF INTERNSHIP
- Completed, active semesters as the following:
BA Program MA Program External Internship =
Internship at a company
2 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester Internal Internship =
Internship at METU
1 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester
- Accomplishment of Career Forum
Do not forget: you have to register for the "Internship subject/Art Colony" according to your curriculum!
LENGHT OF INTERNSHIP
IMPORTANT: Not all study programs include compulsory Internship or Art Colony subjects!
Please check your recommended curriculum first: https://coospace.metropolitan.hu/CooSpace/Scene-43918/Folder-175179/Index/Recommended%20curriculum/Art%20Programmes
The following working hours will apply to you only if you have compulsory Internship or Art Colony subject in your recommended curriculum.
We recommend this page to calculate the workdays: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html
DEPENDING ON IF YOU HAVE A SIGNED JOB CONTRACT WITH A COMPANY OR NOT, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE FROM THE TWO TYPES OF ADMINISTRATIONS.
*The deadlines apply to those students who register for the internship subject in the 2018 autumn semester.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 1:
Internship with internship contract (Cooperation Agreement)
1. Cooperation Agreement
Deadline: 29th October 2018
- Bring it into the CareerCenter at least 10 days before starting the internship!
- You can fill it in NEPTUN following the How to submit the Cooperation Agreement step-by-step
- We advise you to fill it in together with the company.
- Print 2 copies, ask the company to sign&stamp and bring them or send via post to CareerCenter!
- The CareerCenter can only accept the original copies.
- When the Cooperation Agreement arrives to the CareerCenter, your NEPTUN request will be accepted.
2. Evaluation of Internship
Deadline: 7th December 2018
- Print the Evaluation of Internship form and ask your supervisor to complete, sign&stamp it.
- Bring or send the original Evaluation form via post to the CareerCenter.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 2:
Internship with job contract
Deadline: 23rd November 2018
You can start this process only in that semester when you have registered for the "Internship" subject.
Your job will be accepted as internship if:
- your job is related to your major,
- the number of fulfilled working hours reaches the compulsory internship requirement,
- your job contract is not older than 1 year.
- In NEPTUN please submit a "Request for consideration of current employment". This contract is available in the Neptun system from the first day of the educational period.
- Please, follow the How to submit the Request for consideration of current employment step-by-step to submit the request.
- Upload the Employer's Certificate and the Job description (this form is attached to your job contract)!
- If your request is accepted, you will get a grade for the internship.
- If your request is rejected, please contact with the CareerCenter.
Internal Internship is an internship accomplished within the frameworks of METU.
Deadline: 29th October 2018
- You can start it after your 1st semester.
- To find Internal Internship opportunities please turn to your teachers!
- Print the Internal Internship Certificate and fill it in!
- The Internal Internship Certificate must be signed by your supervisor and the Head of your degree program.
- Bring in the original one to the CareerCenter before the above deadline!