PREREQUISITES OF INTERNSHIP
- Completed, active semesters as the following:
BA Program MA Program External Internship =
Internship at a company
2 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester Internal Internship =
Internship at METU
1 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester
- Accomplishment of Career Forum
Do not forget: you have to register for the "Internship subject/Art Colony" according to your curriculum!
LENGHT OF INTERNSHIP
Please note: The length of the internship must be exactly as much as (not less or not more) listed below:
We recommend this page to calculate the workdays: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html
DEPENDING ON IF YOU HAVE A SIGNED JOB CONTRACT WITH A COMPANY OR NOT, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE FROM THE TWO TYPES OF ADMINISTRATIONS.
*The deadlines apply to those students who register for the internship subject in the 2018 autumn semester.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 1:
Internship with internship contract (Cooperation Agreement)
1. Cooperation Agreement
Deadline: 29th October 2018
- Bring it into the CareerCenter at least 10 days before starting the internship!
- You can fill it in NEPTUN following the How to submit the Cooperation Agreement step-by-step
- We advise you to fill it in together with the company.
- Print 2 copies, ask the company to sign&stamp and bring them or send via post to CareerCenter!
- The CareerCenter can only accept the original copies.
- When the Cooperation Agreement arrives to the CareerCenter, your NEPTUN request will be accepted.
2. Evaluation of Internship
Deadline: 7th December 2018
- Print the Evaluation of Internship form and ask your supervisor to complete, sign&stamp it.
- Bring or send the original Evaluation form via post to the CareerCenter.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 2:
Internship with job contract
Deadline: 23rd November 2018
You can start this process only in that semester when you have registered for the "Internship" subject.
Your job will be accepted as internship if:
- your job is related to your major,
- the number of fulfilled working hours reaches the compulsory internship requirement,
- your job contract is not older than 1 year.
- In NEPTUN please submit a "Request for consideration of current employment". This contract is available in the Neptun system from the first day of the educational period.
- Please, follow the How to submit the Request for consideration of current employment step-by-step to submit the request.
- Upload the Employer's Certificate and the Job description (this form is attached to your job contract)!
- If your request is accepted, you will get a grade for the internship.
- If your request is rejected, please contact with the CareerCenter.
Internal Internship is an internship accomplished within the frameworks of METU.
Deadline: 29th October 2018
- You can start it after your 1st semester.
- To find Internal Internship opportunities please turn to your teachers!
- Print the Internal Internship Certificate and fill it in!
- The Internal Internship Certificate must be signed by your supervisor and the Head of your degree program.
- Bring in the original one to the CareerCenter before the above deadline!