PREREQUISITES OF INTERNSHIP
- Completed, active semesters as the following:
BA Program MA Program External Internship =
Internship at a company
2 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester Internal Internship =
Internship at METU
1 completed, active semesters can be started from the 1st semester
- The accomplishment of the Career Forum
Do not forget: you have to register for the "Internship subject/Art Colony" according to your curriculum!
LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP
IMPORTANT: Not all study programs include compulsory Internship or Art Colony subjects!
Please check your recommended curriculum first: https://coospace.metropolitan.hu/CooSpace/Scene-43918/Folder-175179/Index/Recommended%20curriculum/Art%20Programmes
The following working hours will apply to you only if you have compulsory Internship or Art Colony subject in your recommended curriculum.
We recommend this page to calculate the workdays: https://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html
DEPENDING ON IF YOU HAVE A SIGNED JOB CONTRACT WITH A COMPANY OR NOT, YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE ONE FROM THE TWO TYPES OF ADMINISTRATIONS.
*The deadlines apply to those students who register for the internship subject in the 2020 spring semester.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 1:
Internship with internship contract (Cooperation Agreement)
1. Cooperation Agreement
Deadline: 23rd March 2020.
- Bring it into the CareerCenter at least 10 days before starting the internship!
- You can fill it in NEPTUN following the How to submit the Cooperation Agreement step-by-step
- We advise you to fill it in together with the company.
- Print 2 copies, ask the company to sign&stamp and bring them or send via post to CareerCenter!
- The CareerCenter can only accept the original copies.
- When the Cooperation Agreement arrives at the CareerCenter, your NEPTUN request will be accepted.
2. Evaluation of Internship
Deadline: 15th May 2020.
- At the end of the Internship, send the Evaluation of Internship to your supervisor via e-mail and ask your supervisor to complete the questionnaire online.
- The last page of the questionnaire should be printed, signed and stamped by the supervisor.
- Upload the printed, signed, stamped Evaluation of Internship to the NEPTUN, as the attachment of the Cooperation Agreement.
3. Student Questionnaire on Internship
Deadline: 15th May 2020.
- Fill in the Student Questionnaire on Internship at the end of the Internship. The questionnaire shall be filled in and submitted online.
EXTERNAL INTERNSHIP, ADMINISTRATION TYPE 2: Internship with a job contract
Deadline: 30th April 2020, 23:00
The request is available only from 15th February 2020. 8:00; until 30th April 2020, 23:00
You can start this process only in that semester when you have registered for the "Internship" subject.
Your job will be accepted as an internship if:
- your job is related to your major,
- the number of fulfilled working hours reaches the compulsory internship requirement,
- your job contract is not older than 1 year.
- In NEPTUN please submit a "Request for consideration of current employment".
- Please, follow the How to submit the Request for consideration of current employment step-by-step to submit the request.
- Upload this form: Employer's - Student Job Agency Certificate
- If your request is accepted, you will get a grade for the internship.
- If your request is rejected, please contact the CareerCenter.
Internal Internship is an internship accomplished within the frameworks of METU.
Deadline: 6th December 2019
- You can start it after your 1st semester.
- To find Internal Internship opportunities please turn to your teachers!
- Print the Internal Internship Certificate and fill it in!
- The Internal Internship Certificate must be signed by your supervisor and the Head of your degree program.
- Bring in the original one to the CareerCenter before the above deadline!