Accommodation fee will make up the most significant percentage of your total monthly budget. The amount you need per month will depend on what type of accommodation you secure. An amount of approximately 60,000-170,000 HUF/months (200-550 EUR) is needed monthly to cover your accommodation costs. You can get a place in a student hostel for about 210-300 EUR, or a private apartment for 400-500 EUR.
The living costs in Budapest are about another 150-250 EUR/months. This sum includes grocery, food, personal hygiene, local transport, telephone bills, and other expenses apart from the tuition fee and housing.
Metropolitan Dormitories: CEU Dormitory, Nova Inn and Belvárosi Albérletház
Budapest Metropolitan University has three contracted dormitories. Belvárosi Albérletház is downtown and the other two are close to the main campus. Due to its exceptional public transport connections, all of our campuses can be reached in max 30 minutes even from the furthest dormitory.
CEU Residence Center is a large and modern residence complex approximately 12 mins away from the main campus of Budapest Metropolitan University. The address of the CEU dormitory is: 1106 Budapest, Kerepesi út 87.
The CEU Residence Center offers comfortable, furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in single and double rooms. All rooms have a private bathroom. The size of the rooms: 14,8 square meter.
It is run as a hotel-type service and students can find many other facilities such as:
· 24/7 reception
· 24/7 security service
· 24/7 maintenance service
· cleaning of the rooms and fresh bedsheets every second week
· swimming pool, sauna and gym
· billiard, foosball, table tennis
· iron, vacuum cleaner
· study room
· common kitchen and TV lounge on every floor
· sports field and outdoor tennis court (sport equipment available at the reception)
·garden with relaxing furniture
· bicycle storage
· pub (can be booked for private parties)
Other services subject to payment:
- restaurant, café, shop
- laundry room (Washing machines and drying machines can be used with chips. Chips can be purchased at the reception. 1 Chip=300 HUF)
- guarded parking
- fridge rental to the room (15,000 HUF/semester or 25,000HUF/ a year)
- Deposit*: 500 EUR
- 2-bed rooms: 260 EUR/person/month if you rent for 5 months or 247 EUR/person/month if you rent it for 10 months
- 1-bed rooms: 315 EUR/person/month if you rent it for 5 months or 305 EUR/person/month if you rent it for 10 months
The house is designed for altogether 38 people. It is located less than 100 meters from the Nagy Lajos campus and has excellent public transport connections. The house consists of 6 separate apartments, 3 of these for 7-8 people each, and other 3 for 5-6 people each. All apartments have a well-equipped kitchen, a comfortable living room area and 2-2 bathrooms and toilets. Broadband wifi is accessible in all apartments.
Address: 1148 Budapest, Nagy Lajos király útja 20.
- In a bedroom with 3 beds: 230 euros/person/month
- In a bedroom with 2 beds: 290 euros/person/month
- Deposit*: 500 EUR
-balcony surcharge: 10 euros
-compulsory starter package, containing beddings, cutlery, towels: 100 euros/person/semester
Rent contains all utility fees (energy, water, garbage collection fee) weekly cleaning of common areas (staircase, laundry room, and common room), monthly cleaning of kitchens bathrooms and toilets.
Monthly fees can be paid just in EUR in cash.
Minimum rent is 5 months, maximum is 1 year, which can be extended for the next academic year in either May (in case rent is for a whole year) or in November (in case it is just for 5 months). It is possible to stay for the summer as well upon request. In case students only wish to store their belongings but otherwise, move out for the summer they receive a 20% discount for that period. Termination period is 1 month.
The building is a new, 7-floor, furnished apartment in downtown Budapest.
The address of the Belvárosi dorm is: 1052 Budapest, Semmelweis street 11.
The dormitory is just next to several public transport options- buses, trams, and metros are leaving to every direction of the city.
Due to the excellent transport opportunities, all campuses can be reached within 15-25 minutes from the apartment.
The rooms are designed for 2-4 persons, between 15-22m2 floor area. Each room has a separate bathroom.
On every floor, there is a common kitchen, washing machine, and dryer.
The building has 300 m2 closed and 420 m2 open community space!
- Bedroom with 2 beds - 280 EUR /person/month
- Bedroom with 3 beds - 260 EUR /person/month
- Bedroom with 4 beds - 218 EUR /person/month
The deposit* to be paid is 500 EUR.
What they guarantee:
- youthful environment
- a lively social life
- central location
- good public transport possibility (1, 2, 3 metro line within walking distance)
- night reception
- Wi-Fi network throughout the building
- gym, billiards (free for residents)
- coffee machine, snack machine
- safe, quiet neighborhood
In every room you can find: a bed+mattress, a desk, a chair, a wardrobe, a relax chair for each student, fridge, mircowave. (safe is optional, avaiable at the reception)
Extra cabinet possibility is also available in the basement.
* What is 'deposit'?
The deposit acts as a safeguard should the tenant cause any damage to the property or does not take the accommodation for the time period laid down in the Lease Agreement or does not fulfill his/her obligations set out in the Lease Agreement in any other way. This payment is fully refundable upon check-out as long as there have been no damages to the property.
Cancellation of dormitory reservation and deposit refund: In case you pay the deposit for the dormitory (and the rental fee of the first month) but eventually do not want to move in and would like to be your money refunded, you must inform us about your decision until the 30th of August or 30th of January. If you miss the deadline, your deposit is non refundable.
For further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and fill the refund form (Dormitory refund form.docx). In case you are indeed eligible for the refund you'll be reimbursed within 15 working days.
1. Please note if you decide to leave the dormitory before the expiration day of your contract the deposit is non-refundable.
2. Please note if you don't cancel your dormitory reservation until the 30th of August or 30th of January, the deposit is non-refundable.
3. Please note that if there is any damage caused by you at the dormitory, the deposit is non-refundable.
4. Please note that if by any reason you will arrive after the beginning of the semester you still have to pay the rental fee for September/February.
To apply for dormitory placement, please contact us via email@example.com.
How to Reserve place for yourself?
*Deposit: It is refundable at the end of your contract if no damages were done