In essence, the program consists of a one-day visit to ahead of the company (mentor) offering students the opportunity to get a glimpse into a life in a day of the mentor at the same time acquiring practical experience from the world of work.
The aim of the Shadow Program is to provide the student with some direct experience related to the tasks and duties, the advantages and disadvantages of a specific professional area and position that the student might have imagined choosing in his/her future career. It helps him/her to make a more informed decision on his/her goals based on the impressions gained about the given field and job.
In addition, participation in the program may assist the student in building a professional network and finding a job after graduation.
- has an active student status as a full-time or part-time bachelor or master program,
- is pursuing his/her studies at:
- Communication and Media Science
- Commerce and Marketing
- Business Administration and Management
- Tourism and Catering
- Human Resources
- Finance and Accounting
- International Relations or International Business Economics
- completed three semesters,
- has no permanent contract of employment.
COMPANIES PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM:
- Coca-Cola HBC Hungary - Marketing
- METU - CEO
- TATA Consultancy Services - Head of Marketing; IT Operation Head
- Mellow Mood Hotels
- Atlas City Hotel - hotel manager
- Expo Congress Hotel - hotel manager; rooms division manager
- Buddha Bar Hotel - spa manager; hk manager; maintenance manager; director of special event; restaurant manager (breakfast &lunch operation); restaurant manager (dinner operation); bar manager; security manager
- Atrium Fashion Hotel - hotel manager
- Buda Castle Fashion Hotel - hotel manager
How to apply?
Application deadline: 19th of October 2018
The application shall be submitted via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the program, please attach the following documents:
- Shadow Program - Application form
- A motivation letter in which the student explains the following:
- why do you wishes to participate in the program;
- what do you expects from the program;
- what would you like to learn about the field he/she intends to visit;
- why the company should you as a participant in the program.
- If you are applying for more than one company, please write a separate motivation letter for each of them!
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS:
29th of October 2018
Companies are going to choose the student based on their motivational level.
THE SHADOW PROGRAM IS COMPLETED BY A REPORT:
written by the student in accordance with the following criteria.
- Formal requirements: at least 2 text pages, typeface: Arial, font size: 12, line spacing: 1.5
- Give a brief summary of your insights related to the Shadow Program.
- Evaluate the usefulness of participation in the program.
- Explain to what extent the knowledge gained during the program has confirmed or changed your previous plans for your future employment.
- If you had the opportunity, would you go back to the company as a trainee or as an employee?
Send us the Report to email@example.com within 10 working days after the Shadow Program.
We are looking forward to your application!
For further information contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org