In essence, the program consists of a one-day visit to the head of the company (mentor) offering students of METU the opportunity to get a glimpse into life in a day of the mentor at the same time acquiring practical experience from the world of work.
The Shadow Program aims to provide you with some direct experience related to the tasks and duties, the advantages and disadvantages of a specific professional area and position that you might have imagined choosing in your future career. It helps you to make a more informed decision on your goals based on the impressions gained about the given field and job.
In addition, participation in the program may assist you in building a professional network and finding a job after graduation.
- has an active student status as a full-time or part-time bachelor or master program,
- is pursuing his/her studies at:
- Communication and Media Science
- Commerce and Marketing
- Business Administration and Management
- Tourism and Catering
- Human Resources
- Finance and Accounting
- International Relations or International Business Economics
- completed three semesters,
- has no permanent contract of employment.
COMPANIES PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM:
- Marriott International
- McCann Erickson Budapest International Advertising Agency Kft.
- TATA Consultancy Services Ltd. Magyarország
- Tricky Communications Kft.
HOW TO APPLY AND COMPLETE THE PROGRAM?
APPLY until the 11th of November 2019.; 12:00 am (noon).
To apply for the program, please attach a motivation letter in which you explain the followings:
- why do you wish to participate in the program;
- what do you expect from the program;
- what would you like to learn about the field you intend to visit;
- why the company should choose you as a participant in the program
If you are applying for more than one company, please write a separate motivation letter for each of them and submit a new application form!
EVALUATION OF APPLICATIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS: 12th of November 2019.
Companies are going to choose the student based on their motivational letters*. If you are one of the winners, you can join our partner company on a pre-scheduled day in the 2019 autumn semester. You will be exempted from visiting the day's lectures from the Career Center, after submitting your report.
* The company is not obliged to justify the selection criteria and the selection process. Places are limited.
THE SHADOW PROGRAM IS COMPLETED BY A REPORT:
The Shadow Program ends with a report** written by you in accordance with the following criteria. The report is going to be forwarded to your Shadow mentor.
- at least 2 text pages, typeface: Arial, font-size: 12, line spacing: 1.5
- Give a brief summary of your insights related to the Shadow Program.
- Evaluate the usefulness of participation in the program.
- Explain to what extent the knowledge gained during the program has confirmed or changed your previous plans for your future employment.
- If you had the opportunity, would you go back to the company as a trainee or as an employee?
Send us the Report to firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 working days after the Shadow Program.
** At the end of the program, we can use quotes from your report with the mark of your study program and semester in order to promote the program.
For further information contact us: email@example.com