You can transfer to Budapest Metropolitan University if you have student status at a different university.
The requirements for the student transfer are the following:
- You must have earned at least 30 ECTs at your current university by the time of admission
- You must apply for a program in the same field as your current field of study
- You must have a student status at your current university up until your enrollment to Metropolitan University
You will need the following documents for the transfer procedure:
- A recent student status certificate (issued no longer than 30 days ago)
- Transcript of Records (if it’s not in English, an official translation is further required)
- Syllabi of the subjects you wish to transfer (please send each syllabus as a separate pdf file and name them according to the name of the course they are about. Please make sure that they are signed and stamped by the University that issued them). (if it’s not in English, an official translation is further required)
- A properly completed Credit Transfer Request form
- For each subject whose credits you wish to transfer, you will be required to pay 4000 HUF/subject, once you have been enrolled
- If you are a master’s applicant, you will need a certified Credit Transfer Decision from your current university in case your bachelor’s degree does not meet the requirements the entrance requirements of training and completion requirements of the given course
- The required documents of your chosen program, as seen on appy.metropolitan.hu
Please don’t forget to submit the original and English versions of the above documents
- Fall Semester: 05 August of the current year
- Spring Semester: 10 January of the current year
How to apply:
When you apply to your program of choise, please upload the completed Credit Transfer Request along with all the required documents to: https://apply.metropolitan.hu/
Announcement of results:
- If you gain admission to Budapest Metropolitan University, you will receive an email about the result of the Credit Transfer Procedure
- Please note that the amount of transferred credits cannot exceed more then 2/3 of your chosen program’s curriculum, meaning that you will need to earn at least 1/3 of your credits at Metropolitan University.
- You will receive further information ont he enrollment process via email. (The credit transfer decision will be accessible in your new Neptun profile associated with Metropolitan University, in the Official notes menu.)
- Semesters are recognized after every 30 successfully transferred credits. For example, if you transfer 39 credits successfully, you can automatically join the program of your choice from its second semester (subject to availability). In the case of 72 credits, you can start with the subjects of the third semester right away and you can finish your studies a year earlier. If it is only 50 credits, for instance, only one semester is recognized. This is decided by the Credit Transfer Committee.
- In the course of admission to a program, a subject shall be considered equivalent if the similarity between that and the subject being taught at METU is at least 75% and the related subject being taught at METU