Visual representation BA Bachelor's
This is for you
your manual skills are good, you are interested in fine arts, your way of thinking is creative and original, and you would like to develop your skills on a high level.
You can acquire comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge on the areas of traditional imagery and portrayal as well as study the world of electronic imagery, motion picture and media. Our department offers a strong basis for students to find their way in the traditional and digital visual world. Besides the classic genres of imaging, you can get to know the motion picture, multimedia and interactive segments of visual representation.
What can you study with us?
- basic computer graphic programs, contemporary imagery techniques and theories
- we will develop your manual skills and visualization methods
- you will be able to make not only illustrations for a novel but design the whole book
- you can create not only oil on canvas painting, but motion picture, interactive installations, and objects.
- we will provide you with deep theoretical knowledge
Structure of the program
Traditional visual art techniques
Materials and procedures of painting and graphics
3D plastic and computer practical
tasks – physical and virtual variations of visualization in space, installation design
Artistic features of motion picture besides static picture opportunities offered by artistic photo and video
- Painting, Graphic Art, Illustration - Comics
NOTE: Specializations are launched only if the minimum of 5 students wish to join the specialization
HEAD OF PROGRAM
SÁNDOR RÁCMOLNÁR DLA
Associate Professor, Munkácsy Mihály Award- winning Graphic Artist
VISUAL REPRESENTATION SPECIALIZATION
Our training emphasizes on the development of manual skills, the acquisition of traditional and new technologies and practicing a creative way of thinking.
You might be interested in individual or duplication graphics, painting, installation art, video art, or you can deal with storyboards – visual scripts – used in filmmaking, comics and strip cartoons, the joint areas of fine arts and design, and the creative methods of contemporary art.
- As an independent visual artist, painter or graphic designer
- Book designer, illustrator, Comics Artist
- Visual designer, concept artist or a creator of any other area of graphic design
- Leader of an arts workshop or creative
- Design club, or as a museum education professional
fine arts techniques; creative visual representation studies; printmaking techniques: lino cutting, wood cutting, drypoint, etching, making lithography and silkscreen prints, Risography, visual representation and typography; painting techniques, visual representation and media art; the history and practice of visual communication; illustration design; visual culture studies; image theories; book design; book-binding, comics techniques, history of comics
"At Metu we can meet people from all around the world coming from different cultures. At METU one can escape from the ordinary"
- Mridul Gairola from India