Film and Media Studies BA Bachelor's
This is for you
…you are interested in the film and media, your way of thinking is creative and original, and you would like to develop your skills on a high level.
"The degree is only a paper. Developing my skills is what's truly valuable for me at METU."
Jay from India
You can acquire comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge on the areas of motion picture and media. During the course, you will get a general picture of the theoretical and practical opportunities of filmmaking, and an insight into certain sections of the profession.
By the end of the course, you will have a secure theoretical and practical knowledge about the features of visual communication, and you will be able to create films and media productions. Due to the extensive practical training, you will surely find the area which is the closest to your personality and interests.
Structure of the program
- You will learn screenwriting, directing, lighting, editing, sound-post-production work. During the motion picture art practice, you will make short films, television scenes and documentaries.
- You will have the opportunity to make one-camera or multi-camera shootings, to understand the operation of the most important post-production software and try out various motion picture genres and roles.
- You will be familiar with motion film history and theoretical knowledge.
- In the semesters practical courses built on each other so each year you will get to know the different forms of visual storytelling and filmmaking.
- Motion picture maker at institutes specialized in mass communication and media
- In film productions and post-productions
- As an organizer at festivals or editorial offices
- Motion picture maker working for advertising and PR experts
Film theory, history of motion pictures, motion picture art practice, motion picture technologies (cameraman - directing and writing studies, sound technique, video postproduction), visual study analysis and practice
Our Success Stories
- 73rd CANNES CINÉFONDATION OFFICIAL SELECTION (AGAPÉ directed by MÁRK BELEZNAY)
- BEST DIRECTOR, BEST ACTOR - Friss Hús Budapest International Short Film Festival-(AGAPÉ directed by MÁRK BELEZNAY)
- GRAND PRIX – BUJTOR FILMFESTIVAL (TINNITUS- directed by Áron Haász, Arian Honti)
- GOLDEN LENSES AWARD Looking China (BEYOND directed by Jenifer Zuggo)
- 1st PRIZE; BERLINALE Generation Kplus ( AWAY – directed by Roland Ferge)