Film and Media Studies BA Bachelor's
This is for you
This is for you if:
you are interested in the various forms of motion pictures if you have mature visual intelligence and good cooperating and communication skills.
"The degree is only a paper. Developing my skills is what's truly valuable for me at METU."
Jay from India
You can acquire comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge on the areas of traditional imagery and portrayal as well as study the world of electronic imagery, motion picture and media. Our department offers a strong foundation for students to find their way in the traditional and digital visual world. Besides the classic genres of imaging, you can get to know the motion picture, multimedia and interactive segments of visual representation.
During the course, you will get a general picture of the theoretical and practical opportunities of film making, and an insight into certain sections of the profession.
By the end of the course, you will have a secure theoretical and practical knowledge about the features of visual communication and you will be able to create films. Due to the extensive practical training, you will surely find the area which is the closest to your personality and interests.
Structure of the program
• During the motion picture art practice, you will learn the regulations of dramatic composition, editing and production.
• In the semesters of motion picture technique built on each other you will get to know the form language of filmmakers, cameraman and sound editing works.
• You will have the opportunity to make one-camera or multi-camera shootings, the acquisition of the operation of the most important post-production software, and try out various motion picture genres and roles.
• Motion picture maker at institutes specialized in mass communication and media
• In film post-production
• As an organizer in program production in editorial offices
• Motion picture maker working for advertising and PR experts
Film theory, history of motion pictures, motion picture art practice, motion picture technologies (cameraman - directing and writing studies, sound technique, video postproduction), visual study analysis and practice
Our Success Stories
73rd CANNES CINÉFONDATION OFFICIAL SELECTION (AGAPÉ directed by MÁRK BELEZNAY)
BEST DIRECTOR, BEST ACTOR - Friss Hús Budapest International Short Film Festival-(AGAPÉ directed by MÁRK BELEZNAY)
GRAND PRIX – BUJTOR FILMFESTIVAL (TINNITUS- directed by Áron Haász, Arian Honti)
GOLDEN LENSES AWARD Looking China (BEYOND directed by Jenifer Zuggo)
1st PRIZE; BERLINALE Generation Kplus ( AWAY – directed by Roland Ferge)