Animation MA Master's
This is for you
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…
… you are ready to face exciting, complex challenges in the field of animation and to focus on animated short film directing and advanced creative animation designing processes. Don’t back off if you are less-experienced in animation, because lack of practice can be compensated by strong motivation and experience in other visual art fields.
The inspirational atmosphere of the program ensures the opportunity to get absorbed in the world of animation genres, in order to find your own conceptual, visual and technical style. You will be able to improve your skills related to all the stages of animation design and production process, including storytelling, concept development, visuals, animation techniques and sound design. Both autonomous and applied approaches are supported, so you will be free to choose your future role in the creative industry.
What can you study with us?
- animation design workflow: developing an idea, finding the suitable visual style and technique
- 2D and 3D computer graphics skills
- sound design
- production workflow schedule
- current trends in animation art
- negotiation with customers
Structure of the program
- You will face complex animation design tasks, such as literary adaptations, applied works or experimental movies
- You will develop your storytelling, animation and sound design skills
- You will improve your 2D and 3D computer animation skills
- You will refine your graphic style through creative visual studies
- You will get familiar with the current trends of animation art and its place related to other visual fields
- You will start to develop your graduation movie
- You will experiment with graphic and visual communication styles
- You will develop your own animation production workflow
- You will be able to work as a standalone animation designer or as a leader of a creative team
- You will be able to be a member of a creative agency
- You will be able to organize and lead complex animation related projects
- You will be able to emerge as an autonomous animation artist
Creative concepts, visual communication, dramaturgy, animation film grammar, theories of animation, computer skills, sound design.
Our Success Stories
- I Have Problems directed by Zsuzsanna Debreczeni in WTF2019 program at Annecy Animation Film Festival, and official selection at Animafest Zagreb 2019, Etudia&Anima Krakow 2019, TIAF Taiwan 2019, Animasyros 2019 Greece, Primanima 2018
- Second Hand directed by Noémi Barkóczi in official selection at KAFF 2017, Primanima 2017, Sarajevo Film Festival 2017, Short Story Film Festival USA 2017, FESA Belgrad 2017, CineFest 2017, Huniwood Berlin 2017, TAF Thessaloniki Festival 2017, Easter Neighbours Festival Hague, and panorama program at MECAL Barcelona 2017
- Betti directed by Zsuzsanna Ács in official selection at Animarte Rio de Janeiro 2019, Equinoxio Columbia 2019, Primanima Hungary 2019
- Mama Hotel directed by Tina Orosz in official selection at KAFF 2019, Primanima 2019