Animation BA Bachelor's
This is for you
if you are interested in animation films not only as a spectator but you are also fascinated by how they are made. Whether you are still looking for your place in the world or already have some ideas about what you would like to contribute to its values, join us, and we will help you make your ideas come true.
Are you interested in how a drawing becomes a moving image, an everyday object a film actor or how a virtual character is born? As an animation designer, you will be able to work on complex projects in advertising, electronic media, motion pictures, digital post-production or to be a specialist in a specific field.
Animation experience, software knowledge, and prior training in visual arts or drawing are beneficial; however, their absence does not hinder your enrolment.
What can you study with us?
- visual techniques offering limitless opportunities
- procedures making the path towards the magical world of animation easy to walk
- practical knowledge with the help of excellent experts and cutting-edge technical infrastructure
- you can find the most suitable genre for yourself
Structure of the program
- You will get to know the preparatory and production stages of productions from the idea, the script through the storyboard and animatic to animation and post-production.
- You will learn and apply with confidence the basic principles of visual storytelling, animation, character and layout design and develop your skills in the area which you most prefer.
- You will get familiar with the use of indispensable software for digital filmmaking: editing, compositing and 2D – 3D animation programs.
- You will learn sound design, so you will be able to make the sounds and noises of your film from the start.
- Creative Animation
- Choose this specialization if you want to gain comprehensive knowledge about the complex field of animation, including the whole creative process: concept development, design, and production.
- Beside the mainly 2D digital techniques, you can also exploit the opportunities offered by classical procedures, such as puppet animation or drawing animation.
- You can put more emphasis on creativity, drawing and visual design skills, or storytelling.
- Head of specialization: Melinda Kiss DLA, animation designer
- 3D Animation
- This is for you if you are interested in 3D technology and find it captivating to reproduce and rethink the spatial reality.
- You will learn the basics of modelling and animation, and gain insight into the world of 3D visual design and effects.
- Besides the creative design processes, you can place more emphasis on technical skills and software knowledge.
- Head of specialization: Márk Selján DLA, 3D designer
Specializations will be chosen from the third semester and will be launched only in case of an appropriate number of applicants.
- You will know the production procedures of animation productions.
- You will be confident in using classic or digital techniques.
- You will be able to find a job in animation, in graphic design, at film studios, as a game developer, or work for advertising agencies.
- You will be able to work as a freelancer: in the creative industry, reliable animation experts are in high demand.
- Story Development
- Storyboard Drawing
- Animation Film Language
- Making Animatics
- Drawing Animation
- Puppet Animation
- 3D Modelling and Motion
- 2D Digital Animation
- Sound Design
“The technical and professional background provided by the university is outstanding in Hungary. The academic staff are not only talented, but highly successful in their work, which provides tons of extra experience and encouragement for students. "
Our graduate, DANIEL ELIAS
" Animation is a world of its own, with own rules and an opportunity to present a story in a way it has never been seen before. "
Our graduate, SANDALS PATAKI
" We do not set the same expectations for our students: we help everyone in the area where they can be themselves. We strongly believe that every student has talent and value - and we help them to bring it to the surface.”
MELINDA KISS DLA
Our Success Stories
- ANNECY 2016 Dávid Dell’Edera: Balcony, Jury Special Award
- LONDON INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FESTIVAL Mr Barczy: Hey, Deer! Children’s Film Category, Audience and Jury Award
- Video Clip by Balázs Simon for Nils Frahm’s RE
HUNGARIAN AND INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL SUCCESSES
- KAFF 2023 Adél Palotás: Lights, Best Student Film
- KAFF 2021 Lejla Gyarmati: Especially Nowadays... – Best Student Film
- KAFF 2019 Máté Horesnyi: Jacques’ Rampage, Best Student Film
- KAFF 2017 Tina Orosz: The 13th Princess, Best Student Movie
- Sandra Pataki: WireLess, Hungarian Film Critics’ Award, Hungarian Film Award, Cannes Film Festival Short Film Corner Program Participant
- DAVID DELL'EDERA Director, Airplan Studio
- ÖRS BÁRCZY 3D specialist, Puppetworks
- BALÁZS SIMON director, freelancer
- SZANDRA PATAKI director, freelancer