Be part of the METU Ambassador team!
Be a representative of your uni major!
What does it mean to be a METU ambassador?
Our ambassador program launched in 2017, and our ambassadors present their specialization and field of major to students who are about to continue their studies. They provide a deeper insight into the METU life and set an example for students facing a career choice.
Representing METU is an experience, not just a job. That is why we reward our ambassadors who collect points when they perform their duties. These points are aggregated at the end of the school year and can be exchanged for valuable gifts by our ambassadors. The more tasks someone has completed, the more points they can earn at the end of the school year.
How is the selection made?
Registration is required to apply. You can register online at the following LINK.
Apply now! By June 30, 2021 at the latest!
Candidates will make a short introductory video about themselves and then we will meet the applicants. Via a live in Zoom interview and then select the best ones for the 2021-22 school year as Ambassadors.
Benefits of the ambassador program:
- You can be a member of a super team
- You can see yourself again on our national citylight posters, among others
- You can help those who are about to learn further so that they too can find their way
- You can get a series of trainings for free to help you prepare for open days and other performances (eg Facebook Live), which you can use in the future
- You can try yourself in several areas, a great opportunity for development
- We will reward your participation with valuable gifts based on your points
What are we asking from our ambassadors?
Together with the other ambassadors, you will take part in a photo shoot, and then you can represent your majors and METU in different areas:
- Participation in a professional photoshooting
- Creating photo, video and text contents for university social media interfaces (eg. for Insta takeovers)
- Appearance in recruitment campaign videos and live sign-ups
- Participation METU admission camapign events (e.g. open days)
- Short interviews, which we pubblished on the university's website and on the social media platfomrs, so that our followers can get to know you too
- Communication and posting in a closed Facebook group created for the four main areas (COMMUNICATION, TOURISM, ART, BUSINESS) of ambassadors
The ambassador program is for 1 school year. This means that after the summer selection, we are counting on you from the beginning of September school year until the beginning of the next school year (August). The most active period of the admission campaign will be from September to mid-February, at which point we will expect your support the most, then on a case-by-case basis.
Check out the vibe of the experiences and tasks of our ambassadors in 2020-21 at Instagram.
Apply now! We can’t wait to meet you!
Sign up via the following LINK.