METROPOLITAN STUDY TOP HEALTH INSURANCE
While studying in Hungary, it is highly recommended to have health insurance; otherwise, you may have to spend hundreds of thousands of Forints on treatments. The international students of our university enrolled before September 2016 may opt for the Metropolitan Study Top health insurance provided by MEDICOVER, while for students joining the University as of September 2016 having this insurance plan is a must.
Hungary’s only medical provider and insurer with a nationwide network
- Medical institutional background
- Medical attendance
- Insurance coverage
- Treatment organisation, medical consultancy
What are you covered for?
- Full range of out-patient treatments unlimitedly (e.g. internal medicine, optometry, otolaryngology, dermatology, childcare, gynaecology, urology, etc.)
- Full range of laboratory tests
- Diagnostic tests (e.g. ECG, ultrasound, X-Ray, mammography, hearing test, dermatoscopy, birthmark-check, bone density test, eyesight test, allergy test, cancer test, MRI, CT, PET, etc.)
- Outpatient surgery
- In-patient care (hospitalization)
- Acute dental care (Max. 60,000 HUF/period)
- Medicines coverage (which are medically justified and prescribed)
You can find the list of services and benefits covered by the insurance as a downloadable document at the bottom of the page.
Process of applying for treatments
- Booking an appointment via the CallCenter (working days, daytime; in case of urgent problems through the Hotline anytime)
- Checking personal details and the individual member ID (prepare your Mecicover Card and your ID card/passport)
- Arranging the treatment, the date and the location based on the symptoms and your needs
- Attend the place of treatment at the appointed time arranged by Medicover (in urgent cases within 48 hours)
- Identification by ID card at the Medicover premises
- Medical attendance
In case of emergency please always call the ambulance (104).
How to book an appointment?
You can do it by calling the CallCenter which is available on workdays between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m.
+361 465 3100
In case of emergency, the Medicover Hotline should be called which is available 24/7.
+3640 329 677
Price of Medicover Insurance per person per 6 months: