Our libraries are integral to METU. Our role is to support the academic side of the university, make compulsory and optional literature available, and provide relevant information for study and research. We also offer self-service copying, scanning, printing, and computer use.We have two libraries in Budapest, and a small deposit library in Hódmezővásárhely, at the local town library (Németh László Városi Könyvtár). Our libraries match the profiles of our campuses.
Our Hódmezővásárhely students can find out more at this link. (Hungarian)
Our libraries are closed only during the winter and summer breaks, and national (bank) holidays. if you are unsure when Hungarian national holidays are,click here. For daily opening hours, see the under the library in question.
1148 Budapest, Nagy Lajos király útja 1-9.
Tel: (+36-1) 273-3098
It is located at a five-minute walk from Örs Vezér Square underground station, or a one-minute walk from trams 62 and 3 (Tihamér Street stop). The library is on the first storey of the round building. Its focus is on Business, Tourism, and Communication studies.
Our Central Library (Nagy Lajos campus) has the following opening hours.
- Monday-Thursday: 09:00 - 18:00
- Friday: 12:00 - 18:0
- Saturday: 09:30 - 16:00
1077 Budapest, Rózsa utca 4-6.
Tel: (+36-1) 766-5395
Easy to approach from Keleti Railway Station by taking trolleys 73 and 76 to István street at Rottenbiller street (two stops). You can also walk 10 minutes down Rottenbiller street, or take trolley 74 from Dohány street (close to Deák Square and Astoria, next to synagogue) to István street. The Library is located at the top storey (4th) of Building B. If you are unfamiliar with the campus, ask at the reception or follow the arrows.
- Monday - Thursday: 08:30 - 16:30
- Friday: 12:00 - 18:00
- Saturday: 08:30 - 15:00
What can you find in the library?
- Books and electronic documents relevant to the academic profile (majors) of the campus. You can search our catalogue here.
- Books for language learning, practice, and exams, including dictionaries;
- Books for basic computer studies;
- Fiction and non-fiction books;
- Newspapers and magazines both in Hungarian and English – click here for a list [ehhez megvan az angol]
- Theses written and successfully defended in previous years. Some exceptional examples are exhibited at the Central Library for reference, but the majority is accessible in digital form from anywhere on our campuses in our online repository. Be aware that you will only be able to access the full text from the computers provided by METU.
Kornélia Bánhegyiné Kollár
Head of the Library
Katalin Kissné Aftin
Bernadett Nagyné Herczeg
Mária Vargáné Nánási