HOW TO APPLY?
1. Choose from our preparatory, BA or MA programs.
Undecided which program to choose? Have a look at their descriptions or contact our International Directorate for professional advice.
2. Collect your application documents in accordance with our checklists. (If you apply to one of our art & design programs, please check the portfolio requirements HERE.)
3. Transfer the application fee of €120 into the bank account of our University. Please note that once you made the payment, the application fee is non-refundable.
Bank account details:
Name of the bank: Takarék Kereskedelmi Bank
Address of the bank: 1082 Budapest, Üllői út 48.
Bank account holder: Budapest Metropolitan University
Bank account number: 18203332-06007572-59020021
IBAN: IBAN: HU03 182033320600757259020021
SWIFT (BIC) code: FHKBHUHB
*IMPORTANT: when you transfer ANY fees to the university, make sure to send the sum in NET. You should always ask for bank transfer charges at your local bank.
Please transfer the application fee of 120 EUR and either upload or send the proof of payment via e-mail (email@example.com). To pay the fee by card, you are advised to use this link:
Please make sure to indicate your NAME, EMAIL ADDRESS and ADDRESS. Furthermore, please type your PASSPORT NUMBER to the field of phone number!
4. Go to apply.metropolitan.hu or click the ’APPLY NOW’ button anywhere on our website.
5. Once you have submitted your application online, we will give you feedback as soon as possible and initiate an online interview with you. One of the aims of the interview is to assess your command of English, as a result of which submitting a language exam certificate is not a requirement for getting the admission. You can expect questions about your motivations, future plans, previous studies, etc. If you apply for our business or tourism programs, we test your Maths skills, too. The duration of the interview is about 20 minutes (but it could take 30 minutes more if Maths test is necessary).
-For BA and BSc programs: IELTS min. 5.5
-For MA and MSc programs: IELTS min. 6.0
-For the Coventry Top-up program: IELTS min. 6.5
Applicants who do not meet the minimum language requirements have to start their studies with an English Language Preparatory Program.
More information about the preparatory courses:
In case of applicants of Business BSc programs, a written Math test is also compulsory as part of the admission interview. The final decision will be partially made based on the result of this test.
0-29% - Failed test, admission won't be granted to the Business program
30- 59% - Admission might be granted with the precondition of a 1-semester Business Foundation program
60-100%- Test passed
In case of applicants of Art and Design programs, a professional portfolio, a CV and a motivation letter is required in order to proceed with the application. The relevant faculty will evaluate the materials and the final decision will be made based on the official documents, the online interview, the portfolio, CV and motivation letter.
6. Please make sure that you submit your application with all the necessary documents and transfer the fees before the following deadlines:
Early bird**: 30th of June
Final: 31st of July
Early bird**: 15th of November
Final: 5th of January
Early bird**: 30th of May
Final: 30th of June
Early bird**: 15th of October
Final: 30th of November
* Includes EU and Turkish applicants and citizens of EEA member countries
** We offer 10% discount for students who send all the necessary application documents and transfer the tuition fee by the "Early bird" deadlines.
7. Upon reception of your application materials and application fee, our Admissions Committee makes a decision about your admission and issue a Conditional Acceptance Letter if you are eligible for the program.
8. After receiving the Conditional Acceptance Letter, you are asked to transfer the tuition fee of the first two semesters and the Medicover health insurance fee before the application deadline. In case you need a dormitory placement, please contact the responsible colleague for arrangements. After the reception of your tuition fee, your Final Admission Letter will be issued.
9. To be able to start your studies in Budapest, Hungary may need a special student visa entitling you to a Residence permit for study purposes. To learn everything you have to know about visa requirements, please visit our dedicated pages. Those applicants who need a visa are asked to pay an additional 100 EUR for our Visa Assistance service. If you want us to and pre-check your visa supporting documents before submitting them to the Embassy/Consulate, please make sure that you opt for this package. This fee is not refundable.
10. In case you need assistance, please contact our International Office via e-mail (international (at) metropolitan.hu), Skype (BudapestMetropolitanUni) or the phone (00 36 1 7665397).