Photography BA Bachelor's
This is for you
If you are interested in visual communication and wish to show others how you see the world through your lens. The ideal candidates have a mature critical sense, enjoy working in teams, and their eyes are always looking for possible subjects and pictures.
Photography is able to simultaneously recreate the world of facts, imagination, fiction and dreams.
What can you study with us?
- the visual formal language of photography, its analogue and digital technical toolset
- express your thoughts through your work
- varied techniques and novelties in technology
- critical approach
- independent and teamwork
- knowledge enabling you to join the art world in Hungary and abroad
Structure of the program
The first year focuses on:
-the deepening of your technical skills, knowledge of tools and software, most of all studio photography, analogue techniques, through the acquisition of thinking through images
The second year
-is about exploring the artistic approach, establishing the visual language and knowledge of composition, but most of all about exploring individual creative skills
In the third year
-you can design and implement complex tasks and independent projects in live situations, in cooperation with the actual actors of the creative industry and the art scene
The artistic photography specialization is identical with the Photography BA. Its description can be read at the BA description.
Fashion photography has been a very popular genre of photography for long since this gives artists the greatest freedom amongst the applied genres.
The main drive of a photojournalist is the analytic worldview, aiming to convey the surrounding world to others, i.e. what can be interesting for others. Their task is to call the attention to important questions. If you are interested in the reporting of events and creation of visual stories, this is your specialization.
Specializations are launched only if the sufficient number of students wish to join the specialization.
- photographer in various specialized fields of photography and visual media
- independent artist and/or private entrepreneur
- in editorial offices
- fashion journalist
photographic design (creative, conceptual, portrayal, documentary, experimental, press and fashion); creative design; studio practice; history of photography; photographic techniques; artistic interpretation; studies in philosophy; contemporary visual communication; media studies; reportage genres
Further information on detailed curriculum click HERE
“After studying the fundamentals of photography, we did not only operate with the visual language of image creation but were also exposed to different mediums. Moreover, we were actually encouraged to do so. The possibility of applying various kinds of mediums is only one of the numerous opportunities that METU offered me.” Our graduate student András Bán
“My attitude towards photography transformed, and I also changed a lot technically. I was taught by people and I got to know people in person I only had only studied before. I have made countless contacts, I know the leading photo reporters of the country in person. If you choose a practical training provider carefully and take it seriously, success is almost secure, you will surely find a job. I found my current job like this.” Our graduate student TAMÁS KASZÁS
“My teachers built me up practically from scratch, leaving me the freedom of thought, even expecting it!” Our graduate student BALÁZS SOMORJAI
Our Success Stories
- OMDK 2017: Zsófia Szabó, Photography 1st prize;
- ART MARKET BUDAPEST: exhibition at Art Photo Budapest, Special prize of Hasenfratz Ora Budapest for young talents;
- SILVER JAVELIN AWARD 2016: Márton Merész, Sports photo category, 2nd prize;
- HELLODESIGN TALENT AWARD: Márton Novák, Richárd Kiss, 1st prize;
- GARÁZS ROCK exhibition: Photo street festival;
- HUNGARIAN PRESS PHOTO COMPETITION: Tamás Kaszás: art series 1st prize; Máté Szekeres: André Kertész Award; Szergej Markoszov: Escher Károly Award;
- TAMÁS KASZÁS: photojournalist, divany.hu;
- BÁLINT HIRLING: photojournalist, index.hu;
- ORSOLYA HUSZÁR: coordinator, Capa Center;