Apply for an Erasmus+ Traineeship Mobility! As an Erasmus+ trainee, you can spend 2-12 months abroad at a company or higher education institution within the European Union as well as in Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, and Turkey. You will also be entitled to a monthly grant of 570-620 EUR!
The traineeship can be your compulsory traineeship – or even a voluntary one!
- You must be a full-time student of METU.
- You need to have an active student status and your status must remain active during your whole Erasmus mobility period.
- You must hold a valid Hungarian residence permit.
- You need to have at least 1 completed semester by the time you apply; you need to have at least 2 completed semesters before your mobility begins.
- You need to speak the language of the host enterprise / university on at least B2 level.
- In one study cycle (BA or MA) you can’t spend more than 12 months abroad with Erasmus+
Special opportunity for recent graduates: You can also go for a traineeship if you apply 2 months before taking your final exam. In this case, your traineeship must end within one year after your graduation.
Where can I do my traineeship?
Any companies, small-enterprises, research institutes or higher education institutions (except for National Offices, Hungarian Embassies, and EU – bodies) in EU member states and Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway, Turkey.
Members of the European Union: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, United Kingdom, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, The Netherlands, Croatia, Ireland, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
Amount of grant
Selected applicants will receive a monthly grant of 570 EUR – 620 EUR based on the living costs of the destination country. The Erasmus+ grant is only a contribution to your expenses, but it might not cover all your costs and you still need to pay the METU tuition fee.Before applying, be sure to consider your financial situation! The receiving company might give you a salary or contribution in kind as well.
How to apply
All METU students have access to Office365 which will be necessary for submitting your application.
For submitting your application, please fill this form: https://forms.office.com/r/8aWAxaRCDV
You will need to upload the following documents:
- Certificate of B2 level language skills from the language of the host enterprise / university. This can be a language exam certificate or a declaration of the Institute of Foreign Languages of METU. If your native language is the language of the host enterprise / university, any relevant document proving your citizenship will suffice.
- A motivation letter is needed, written in English, indicating how the international experience would complement your current studies and your future plans. Include professional aspects besides personal ones.
- A Learning Agreement for Traineeships where the ‘Before the Mobility’ part is completely filled - including the exact start and end date of the planned traineeship - and signed by the student and the receiving organisation/enterprise in case of voluntary traineeship; signed by the student, the Career Centre and the receiving institution in case of a compulsory internship.
Approval of Applications
The application of students will be automatically considered if:
- They finish their traineeship before 31st May, 2022,
- They meet the eligibility criteria
- They successfully submit their application and necessary documents
- Sufficient Erasmus resources are available
FOR SELECTED CANDIDATES
Conditions for contracting
- Your student status must remain active during your whole Erasmus+ mobility period.
- You must have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), or any relevant insurance valid in the host country.
- A valid liability insurance OR a declaration from the host institution that they don’t need one
- Valid student VISA, if relevant
- You need a Learning Agreement for Traineeships signed by all parties
- In one study cycle (BA or MA) you can only spend altogether 12 months abroad with Erasmus+
- Filled and signed Step by Step Guide
- Official bank account information (needed for transferring the grant)
For contracting, please fill the Traineeship Contracting Form: https://forms.office.com/r/MzkA2KrNJ6
The validity of your documents and obtaining any documents/certificates/permissions needed for your mobility is within your own responsibility!
All the documents mentioned in the list above are needed for signing your grant agreement.
The mobility cannot take place without the signed grant agreement. You will need to send the signed grant agreement by post, electronic versions are not accepted.
Please note that your travel can be influenced by the pandemic:
Conditions of successful completion of mobility
The training period at the host institution/company must be fully recognized at METU in case it’s your compulsory traineeship. Please refer to the Career Center of METU about your compulsory internship.
- You cannot have any outstanding financial obligations towards METU.
- Filled and signed ‘After the Mobility’ section of your Learning Agreement for Traineeships, including the exact start and end date of your mobility
- Successful credit transfer from the host institution (in case of compulsory traineeship)
- Written report about your experience
- Completed EU Survey
Additional Funding Opportunities
Students with physical, mental, or health-related conditions can apply for additional funding.
- If you decide to cancel your application, please let us know as soon as possible at email@example.com
- Erasmus+ helps you to become self-sufficient. Of course, we are also here to help but will not solve your problems for you.
- Get the documents needed for the Grant Agreement in time!
- Without a properly filled Learning Agreement for Traineeships we cannot sign the Grant Agreement.
- If you have participated in an Erasmus+ mobility before, be sure to indicate this at the Step by Step guide
- The bank account information required for the transfer of the grant can be obtained from your bank.
- Guidelines to fill out the learning agreement for traineeship
- Certification of Traineeship Period (after mobility)
- Step-by-step Guide
- Learning Agreement for Traineeships
- Erasmus Traineeship Dictionary
- Covid-19 Info and updates from the Tempus Public Foundation
Finding an internship placement
If you do not have an internship placement already, you might find these trustworthy websites helpful: